Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Soul Searching Series

Soul Searching Series
River to Ones' Soul

This is my first piece since my "Chocolate Gelatos and Mountain Sunsets" post. It is part of my new series, Soul Searching, that was inspired by my heart to heart with Lexi. I call this River to Ones' Soul. The stone is a Cobra Jasper that I purchased from Gary B. Wilson. I find this stone very striking in its markings and the color patterns. And I see a river running through this, so that is how I arrived at the title.

The stone is set in Sterling Silver with copper accents. There are a few firsts with this piece too.

I hope you can tell how inspired I've become by that heart to heart Lexi and I shared on September 28th....that was my mother's birthday too. Hmmm, there were a lot of things working to help me that evening and now. I'm certain of it.

Photo credit goes to my dear husband, Dan. Doesn't he do an awesome job? :)

Thank you for sharing this journey with me. I would love to know what you think about this first piece in my Soul Searching series.

Until next time, aspire to be more as an artist and a person. I know I am.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.... how lucky are you to be working with such beautiful things and turning them more exquisite! Dan...photog with benefits and talent.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks so much Sheila. I greatly appreciate knowing your thoughts.

Janelle Goodwin said...

The soul searching of the artist knows no bounds. Although your work has always been so beautiful, it seems you've come to a place that feels more authentic to you. It's so wonderful, Kathleen!

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Kathleen this looks pretty different from your other work - how fun to be trying something new! I like the 2-piece concept and the shape. Also the soft curves of the top triangle that contrast with the sharper little copper piece in it. Good job!

T.L. Anderson said...

I'm really not a jewelry kind of
guy, but I like this. It's got
enough art in it for my interest
to be peaked.
Take care,

LDWatkins said...

That is beautiful. The colors and the way you've set it...it all flows like a river. Great job!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Oh thank you so much Janelle! So much of the process of working with stone and metals seems to be quite natural to me...I can't explain it, but I love your insights on this!

Hi Deborah ~ yes I'm moving in a new direction and I like it. I"m glad you do too. Thank you.

Hi Tom. I enjoy your take on this and it makes me very happy that the art side of this speaks to you. I am going for Art Jewelry so it is meant to be different. Thanks for the feedback!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks Lynda! So happy to hear your thoughts on this one.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Lovely work Kathleen. Though I often pick-up interesting stones when beach combing, (hmm maybe that's why the studio leans the way it does), turning them into such an artful piece is truly magical!

Good art is all about the soul that is revealed (I think)...

Jeffrey

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Jeffery!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words on this piece and art. I greatly appreciate it.

hw (hallie) farber said...

You artistry with metal perfectly complements the stone. Your soul searching paid off--a stunning piece.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wow! Beautiful "break though" piece?! It's gorgeous and I so love hearing about your creative process, the blocks and all.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks so much HW!

Hi Diane! I'm glad you are enjoying my adventures in breaking through & the results. :)

Sharmon Davidson said...

All I can say is- WOW! I want one!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Oh thanks Sharmon!

Shay Stone said...

Gorgeous piece Kathleen. Very wonderful indeed!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks so much Shay! Really appreciate it.