Photo credit ~ Daniel Krucoff
I've been experimenting a bit. I am a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright and while these didn't exactly turn out as I had hoped, they are a start. I have several books on his works and thought it would be fun to take a mini view of one of his designs. I'll keep working on this concept and maybe I'll hit on something that is a better representation of what I had planned to do.
The white background was fully fused to a clear blank. Then I added the color elements and just tack fused them so they would remain raised rather than sink into the white glass as they would have with a full fuse. I find it intriguing that the tack fuse takes the glass up to a temperature sufficiently high to bond with the surface of the base piece, but not 'melt' completely into it. Another benefit with tack fusing is it just starts to round out the edges of the pieces ever so lightly and gives them a bit of a watery appearance.
My original intent was to have rusts and greens, but the striker glass I used in this one turned more red and rust. Used my favorite Bullseye glasses again. I really like strikers because they change colors in the fusing process and don't always look like the colors they are prior to fusing. Since it was an experiment I wasn't worried about the color shift and in this case they turned out a bit more Christmasy than a Frank Lloyd Wright-ish color scheme.
I haven't given up on this concept. Currently I'm working on projects for an exhibit in August, so I have to set experiments aside and focus. I'll pick up on this again once I have my work done for the exhibit.
Until next time, aspire to be more as an artist and person.