Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blue Skies ~ Skyscape Series

Blue Skies
Skyscape Series
Photo Credit: Daniel Krucoff

Another from my Skyscape Series. With this plate, I wanted to convey the sense of a pretty blue sky on a summer day with a few stray clouds.

I also created what I call the 'mini-me' version of it shown below. This little plate is approximately 4" square, while its larger version is approximately 12" square.



Both are on display at Boulder Arts & Crafts through the end of the day today, when the exhibit closes.

I did receive word this week that my Full Bloom plate, that I discussed in my 8/28 post, sold.

Until next time, aspire to be more as an artist and person.

1 comment:

-Don said...

Kathleen... Blue Skies is gorgeous! As beautiful as Dan's photo is, I know the plate has got to be even more impressive. I love the transition from the transluscent deeper blues to the transparent light blues and clears. The dark stripe on the 'bottom' edge and the clear stripe on the 'top' are perfect touches.

Congratulations on the sale of Full Bloom! I don't think I ever got a chance to comment on its beauty last week. I've had a bit of trouble squeezing in computer time lately.

Happy Creating!

-Don