Thursday, September 30, 2010

First Friday ~ Art Walk ~ Boulder Colorado

Wildflowers
Flower Garden Series
Photo Credit ~ Daniel Krucoff


Tomorrow evening is First Friday, Art Walk in Boulder Colorado.  I find being at the Pearl Street Mall during Art Walk to be a great deal of fun.  All the sights and sounds.  Street entertainers.  There is such a festive atmosphere.

This bowl is part of my glass exhibit at Boulder Arts and Crafts.  It is another in my Flower Garden Series.  Approximately 10" in diameter with colorful glass shards combined with clears to create dimension and depth.  I used my favorite Bullseye Glass palette.

Tomorrow evening, Robin G of Boulder Arts and Crafts will debut some of her new glass works.  She is an amazingly gifted glass artist and her work always makes me smile.

If you are in the area, I hope you can take in the festivities surrounding First Friday and soak up that wonderful atmosphere. Oh yes, and please stop by Boulder Arts and Crafts to see Robin's new work, a bit of mine, and the rest of the works from the talented artists in that gallery. I know you will be glad you did.

Until next time, aspire to be more as an artist and a person.

4 comments:

Robin said...

your bowl is gorgeous, I am sure you will have a great show! good luck.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Wow! Wildflowers is a lovely piece! I hope your art walk went well. I love coming by to see what new beautiful thing you have created now!

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen, thanks for the comments. It was a good evening.

Mary said...

Lovely work, Kathleen, and congratulations on the well-deserved honor of having your show extended (mentioned in your previous post). The sky series pieces are stunning, with the blues being my personal favorites. It's cool that you made a blue version in two sizes.