Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early Painting Efforts




I can't believe I'm posting these, but here they are. I vaguely remember doing these in 7th or 8th grade. I'm guessing I was 12 or 13 years old. Mrs Secker was the guest art teacher; she was the mother of one of my fellow students. I was THRILLED when she would come and teach as she was a REAL ARTIST and had a degree in art! She always had very unique, interesting concepts to challenge us and our creativity. These paintings were the results of one of her interesting projects for us. I actually signed one of them, as you may be able to see in the lower right hand corner of the one on the left.

Each is a little different, but the same still life. I do remember I had great fun making these.

So now the question becomes.....what will I do when I start painting on glass???? I think I'll have fun again, after I get past the mistakes during the learning curve. Aaahhh, that's part of the process and journey for me!

Hope you enjoy these and maybe they'll make you smile remembering some of your first works too. I'd love to see any of yours if any of you are inclined to share. Thanks for indulging me!

No comments: