Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Kiln Parts Have Arrived!

I'm definitely learning more about the 'anatomy' of my kiln. I'm certain that is a good thing, even though the circumstances requiring it have not been fun.

The replacement parts arrived today, as promised. Yeah! Tonight, my husband helped as we replaced the relay and wiring harness. Now there are a couple of wires that, according to the manual, should be cut as they are for extra relays and mine only has the one. However, I'm not taking any chances and will call my rep first thing in the morning. Once I get the proper guidance from him, we'll complete putting "Humpty Dumpty" back together again. Then the next BIG test will be turning the power on.

I must admit I'm feeling optimistic about this now.

And Thank You my dear artist friends..... for your words of support and encouragement. That has helped me more than I can say. I too believe things happen for a reason. This has given me time to reflect about what I will complete and start afresh. It's all good.

No comments: