Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Kiln is Out of Commission

Right now I'm pretty bummed. I started to fire my latest batch and after about 1/2 hour my kiln sounded an alarm. It failed to fire to temperature. Well, it hadn't even really started. It was at about 138 degrees F when it quit. I will attempt to troubleshoot what I can, but I'm not an electrician. The instructions on what to look at seem good, so I will try that later today. I'm disappointed and hope it is something that can be easily fixed this week.

In the meantime, I took advantage of the beautiful weather we're having and did the final painting of our outside doors and frames. Does that qualify for plein air painting? No, I didn't think so. The bassets were most interested in my activity and for once, none of them drug their ears through the paint. Although the youngest one had a few near misses.

I'm taking a break and trying to generate positive energy so I can start soldering the Peace Angel. When I'm done with that, my husband and I will head to Home Depot or Lowes to buy a voltage/ohm meter for the start of the kiln troubleshooting.

Wish us luck!

No comments: