I started work on this design a couple of days ago. It just came out of the kiln yesterday and I will start coldworking the edges next, prior to the final slump in the square dish mold.
For this design, I used one of Beverly Ash Gilbert's color wheel schemas and I really like the way the colors came together for me on this piece. I had the rich cranberry stringer that I think stands out with the yellow confetti pieces as a back drop.
I started with the vertical section using 3 pieces of Bullseye canary yellow confetti. Then I picked out one of the cranberry stringers I had made a while ago, that had a nice string of navy running through it. The navy was twisted around inside of this stringer as part of what I did when I made these. I decided to outline the vertical with more yellow and I wanted a dark green border for the entire piece. I tried several pattern variations for the greens and ultimately, this was my final choice.
This is the completed design, before I packed the vertical area with clear frit.
And now the clear frit is in place, just before fusing. I created fiber dams to hold the glass in place once it becomes molten. And reinforced those with pins and a couple of kiln posts.
The top picture shows the result to date.
I thought I would call this one, Arrow in the Forest.