Friday, May 22, 2009

Puppy Newton...his first portrait

Fellow blogger, Sheila Tajima, saw my last post on our Newton's birthday and asked if she could do a portrait of his puppy picture. Well, of course I said yes. And here is Sheila's portrait of Newt. You can read more about this on her post, called "What a Face".

Sheila is a creative force, painter, and generous spirit. She offered to give me this portrait and I happily accepted. She paints pet portraits and donates some of her work for her local chapter of the SPCA. She has another blog, Art For Shelter Animals. I felt the least I could do is make a donation to one of her causes, so I'm sending a contribution to the East Bay SPCA.

Thank you again Sheila!

4 comments:

susan hong-sammons said...

Dear Kathleen, congratulations!!!! on the glass award. I hope your feet are still walking on air. I love your work.
Your puppies are adorable. Our pets are so important. I've two labs that keep me moving or I might never leave my house.
Happy Art-making

Karen said...

What a perfect present for Newton! How sweet!

Unknown said...

Newton is adorable...
and what great gift..
we love our animals!
they are usually at the warehouse with us...
have a sunny weekend
mona & the girls

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Susan, thank you...yes, I think I'm still walking on air. :) Aren't pets great? They are wonderful companions.

Hey Karin...yes that's a great present for Newt & us.

Hey Mona...nice to know fellow artists share their workspace with their critters too. Luv 'em.