Friday, May 8, 2009

Solar Flares....or is it Flair?

Ever since last year's Glass at the Gardens exhibit, when Floral Talisman sold, I want to have at least one piece of wire wrapped glass jewelry in a show. This pendant and earrings will be my entry in the revised Glass at the Gardens at CoArt Gallery in Denver.

More of that crinklized dichroic with a pattern...I just love this stuff for glass jewelry. I tried to keep things fairly simple, while enhancing the beauty of the glass.

Ever since these came out of the kiln I thought, "Solar Flares"...so that is the title, but I think it adds a little Flair for the wearer! ;)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Your earrings just keep getting better and better! I love the diagonal beads strung across the surface of these.

Sophie said...

those are great! I love the colors in that glass. Solar Flares fits it perfectly. I realy like the crystals in the earrings!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks Karen. You (and Janelle) are responsible for me really working on earrings. My thanks to both of you.

Hi Sophie. I'm glad you like them. That crinklized dichro is colorful stuff!

Shay Stone said...

I can see why you won the award:) You've added another dimension with the diagonal beads and as usual the set is just beautiful:)