Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meteor Showers

The thickest fused glass bowl I have made to date, Meteor Showers, is done. It definitely helps to have the right equipment to get the job done. With my new table top lap machine, I've been able to complete things that have been waiting in the wings, like Meteor Showers.

I took a couple of views of it tonight and will ask Dan to take the portfolio pictures of it for me. In the meantime, I wanted to post this latest completed work.

I am a member of the Glass Artist Fellowship and we will be having an exhibit at CoArt Gallery in Denver from May 12th through May 23rd. The opening reception will be Friday, May 15th. Click here for more details on the event.

I have two other pieces I am entering in this exhibit...one is Neptune Embellished, and another is a pendant/earring set that is currently in the works. I'll post a picture of the set in the next day or two.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

This is gorgeous, Kathleen--I think the title is just right!

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

Kathleen, this turned out beautifully! I love the thickness and way the edge is angled inwards. Very creative. Beautiful colors and the bubbles in the glass really add interest, too.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks Elizabeth!


Hi Sandy, I appreciate your feedback

:)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! How fun to have equipment to finally do something you've envisioned for a while. do more!

Sophie said...

I love how it came out...but man that's a thick bowl! LOL

I would imagine it's very heavy

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks Shelia. Tools really do make the difference.

Hey Sophie. Yes that is one thick, heavy bowl. Delivered it last night to CoArt on Santa Fe in Denver. Hope the show has a great turnout.