Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Violet Volunteers

Ever since I was a child, I have loved violets. Probably because of their lush purple colors. I remember there always was a batch out by my parents' garden and I took great delight picking some to give to my mom. She would put them in a small vase and we would enjoy them for a short time.

Today I was able to get out into my flower garden and these little guys have cropped up everywhere. I just love it. They are so colorful. I took a number of pictures, I'm thinking I'd like to do a stained glass window of them. I'm not sure if I should do a group, like this picture, or just a solitary one, or maybe a pair. I think it would be fun to do all of the above actually. What are your thoughts?

I mixed up my various work efforts today. I'm currently doing the coldwork part for two different bowls. One is the galaxy bowl and the other I have yet to post any pictures of. I thought it would be fun to just publish the finished piece. I hope to have both of these done in the next week or so.

May this week be a great week of creativity for all of you.

9 comments:

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Great ideas, Katheleen. Violets are beloved by everyone, so any and all glass art of violets are sure to find a home. Have fun.

Tracey Clarke said...

Sounds like a series to me.:)

Nicola said...

How pretty - my favourites are my Alpine Clematis...when it blooms I know spring is here :)
Nicola xx

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

Great idea with the violets. Your piece called 'Growing Love' is beautiful!

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

I love violets, too - the way thier colors just pop. I agree with Tracey Clark; they would make a terrific series of work.

Kim VanDerHoek said...

This group would make a beautiful stained glass piece! The colors would lend themselves very nicely to the transparency of glass.

Congratulations on your second place win! That's wonderful news!

-Don said...

The violets photo you posted is gorgeous. I love the mix of purple and yellow and can envision this as one beautiful piece of stained glass. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy Creating! -Don

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Sue. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Cathyann, I really appreciate your thoughts about the stained glass and what might be a good approach.

Hey Tracey, glad you think this would make a good series.... I like it.

Thanks Nicola. Spring has been a long time coming to the Rockies...I am happy warmer weather and my flowers are starting to bloom.

Hi Cat, ah, you are soooo sweet; glad you enjoy my Growing Love piece.

Hi Sandy...great to hear a series is a good plan...time for me to start drawing these out. I'm glad I have more I can photograph too.

Hi Kim, I think a Violet series is becoming a winner. I needed some impetus to start some stained glass pieces. And thanks for the congrats on my award too.

Hi Don. I know you definitely have an eye for color. Yes, I agree, a combination of the colors as shown in this photo could make a really nice glass window. I'm looking forward to getting started on the ideas.

Ann Tracy, Maine's Digital Alchemist & Artist said...

Hi Kathleen... I'm here from Linked In... nice blog and I love violets too... hope you get a chance to look at my blog
http://anntracy.blogspot.com/