Saturday, August 9, 2008

Inspiration at Mueller State Park

There are so many beautiful places on this earth. Today, my husband, his mother, and I went to Mueller State Park and enjoyed the beautiful aspens, evergreens, wildflowers, and even a pond that was so still you could not only see the reflection of the trees in it, but small fish swimming about. It was wonderful inspiration for an artist's soul. We all took photos to be used as the basis for some new works each of us will do.

When we got home, I fired up the kiln to begin a slump for a new plate. AND, I dug into my new glass supply finding what I hope will be a great choice for a new vase design.

Even though I feel the pressure of so many constraints on my time, it's healthy and great to just have a brief get away to renew one's spirit. Happy creating.............

No comments: