Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Weekend in the Mountains

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful weekend at Copper Mountain . Dan road in the Copper Triangle event and he did even better than last year. I road 2o miles with him the day before the event, starting at Frisco and working our way up the trail. I almost made it to the top, but my thighs were talking at about 10,300', so it was time to turn around. That was my highest ride at elevation and let me tell you, the air is MUCH thinner up there....even though we live at roughly 7,500'. I felt great the next day and was happy to be the 'support team'.

It was great to relax, people watch, soak in the beautiful mountain scenery.

Our bassets stayed at 'camp' and while they enjoy their time there, they are very happy to be back home.

Now I'm ready to get back to creating! Make it a great week!

No comments: