Thursday, August 28, 2008

Seeking to Forge a Creative Alliance

The title comes from Julia Cameron, author of The Artist's Way.

This week I have been working on my current ideas for jewelry. Hopefully, this new batch of glass that should be ready for the kiln tomorrow, will have earrings that I can use for wire wrapping. I've received a lot of request for earrings and I understand why they are desirable. They are difficult because I want them to be uniform in size and then with the wire wrap. This weekend I'll know if I'm on my way to having an earring line.

And I'm still working on entries for the Glass at the Gardens. My personal deadline will be September 15th. I can enter up to 10 pieces and I think the show will be such a great opportunity, that I should do all I can to have as many entered as is possible for me.

So, to get back to the title of this blog spot. I'm making progress reading Julia's book and one of the basic principles she states is:
Creativity is God's gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.


What a beautiful, enlightened thought. I'm seeking to forge this creative alliance. Stay tuned........

No comments: