Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Quandary, What to work on next.....

My glass supplier is having a sale on some beautiful dichroic pieces, so I couldn't resist and ordered some. Now I have a good inventory of glass, especially after a rather large order I placed a few weeks ago in preparation for fall and winter work. And that's my quandary....what do I start on now? Should I cut pieces for jewelry? Should I work on the design I sketched today for the Glass at the Gardens show? Or that other design of a pine cone for The Forest Series of plates? Given my diversity of work (jewelry, warm glass, stained glass) I do have too many irons in the fire. Tonight I put away my latest shipment of glass (drooled over the beauty of all of it) and decided to wire wrap a pendant. It's soothing to work with my hands. Unfortunately, my minor dilemma of what to start on next was left unresolved.

The beauty of working with fused glass is I can generally complete something in several days, so I still have plenty of time to get things ready for that show.

Course, that still leads me back to where I should start. And based on this, I opted to blog! Goodness. It will do me good to read some from the Artist's Way and call it a night.

Sweet dreams...................

No comments: