Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Work - Turquoise Delight Earrings

Over the weekend I was able to complete a number of wire wraps. Tonight I started to photograph some of them and this is a new pair of earrings I called Turquoise Delight. I am really fond of the design and plan on incorporating it in more of my earrings.

One of my 'dilemmas' wire wrapping glass, especially for earrings, is that I do not have a hole to run the wire through as a secure point as I would if I was using beads.  I have experimented with creating that channel through the glass, but so far I haven't been pleased with the results.  At this point in time, I will stick with fusing solid shapes, without any channels.

I used a combination of Wasser, Bullseye, and Coatings by Sandburg glasses for these.  The main glass creates a wonderful inclusion of the dichroic center and I find it makes a very rich looking piece.

Now, I'm the first to admit that I like a challenge and with this design and a couple of others I plan on previewing, I believe I have found a wonderful way to secure a glass cabochon in place for earrings. I hope you enjoy this latest creation.

3 comments:

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

KAthleen, these earrings ar stunning! I love the colors and love the way you wrappped them!

Sophie said...

That's a beautiful color, and it goes so well with the silver

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hey thanks Sandy and Sophie!