Saturday, September 13, 2008

Black Forest Pine Cones


First, I'm happy to report that my cyberspace problems appear to be resolved. My thanks to fellow artist, Karen (blog A Visual Journey) and my husband, Dan, for their help in getting things back and running.

On to show preparations. This plate is one of my favorite entries for the Glass at the Gardens show. I'm calling this Black Forest Pine Cones. What I find really cool about this piece is that the little pieces of glass that form the pine cones, are raised as they just tack fused. The rest of the plate is fully fused. When I slumped the blank in the mold, the pine cones retained their raised texture.

It's been a great day. I've been wire wrapping jewelry pieces too and getting ready to update both of our main websites. Tomorrow is going to be busy! I'll be posting more pictures tomorrow too.

No comments: