Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I now do earrings

It's odd, sometimes I wonder if I'm spreading myself too thin by doing jewelry vs stained glass vs decorative fused glass. I enjoy it all, so I guess that's my answer...if you enjoy it, do it.

PLUS, my jewelry has been very well received, especially since I've been wire wrapping it. And the progress I've made in my wire wrapping skills is very interesting to me. The first book I read on some of the techniques said that your hands and fingers would feel awkward at first, but with practice (as applied to all things) it gets easier.

So, these days my hands are in control of the wire most of the time. It takes nothing to wrap a pendants. Earrings have been my nemesis of sorts. BUT I am happy to report that I conquered them this weekend. When I started working on earrings a little over a week ago, it took me a good 2 hours to wrap one pair. Frustration was heightened and my husband, who knows me oh so well, said "You can't expect to just wrap earrings as well or as quickly as you do pendents...". Yes, my personality is such that I expect I should be able to do something almost immediately...oh yes, and do it well too. Sigh.

Well I continued to persevere and low and behold, my speed, agility, and beauty of the wraps came fairly quickly. Now I have earrings, that I think are quite beautiful, and I will be delivering my first sets to the gallery today.

As Dory, in Finding Nemo, so aptly put "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...." Perseverance does pay off! Make it a great day.

No comments: