Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dreaming with the Burn Factor

At the beginning of this year, we set our goals and I am still working to achieve them. Sometimes you need to reassess and figure out if you need to change your approach. So far, I feel like I'm still on target with my 2009 goals and need to re-focus on a few. I probably need to set some different goals too.

As a result, I've been thinking that nothing helps motivate quite as well as that Dream that has what I like to call the 'burn factor'. Something that is an incentive to motivate you to go all out to achieve your goals and as a result, you can reward yourself with this incentive.

Here's mine... The Paragon Pearl 56, designed by the creative folks at Bullseye Glass. Yowser! Now THAT's a huge incentive for me. My dream kiln. The interior chamber of this bad boy is 56" wide, 30" deep, and 16 1/2" high. "A whole lotta cookin' could go on in there" :D

The point is that this is a reward that I can really get a 'burn' for. It motivates me to do better. I plan on posting a picture of this jewel where I can see it often...like all the time. So, I will put a picture of it by my computer monitor and by one of my work areas in the glass studio. You get the idea, somewhere to help remind me that this is something I'm working to achieve. I have to achieve my goals before I can have this type of a reward.

What will help motivate you in your work/business? Anyone else have a dream with the burn factor? Care to share? Remember, the incentive may change for you too and that's ok, as long as you are working to be the best you can be in your work. Happy creating all!

5 comments:

Shay Stone said...

That is one big juicy reward! I can't wait till you get it:) I'm going to have to give this one some thought as for my own self.
You made me laugh this mmorning when I saw your comment about jewelry geeks. I saw Pippi on Etsy and introduced her to JG! Then you saw her and found JG and then we met:) It's funny how the universe works eh?

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Gosh Kathleen what a monster! Hope you get to drag him into your lair very, very soon lol.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hey Shay. It sure will be sweet to get a big kiln like that one...if it is something you want too, I hope you achieve it!
Yes, the universe is quite the place! Talk about full circle. Glad we have connected.

Hi Deborah. It is a monster, isn't it? :) But in a good way. My husband and I have talked about what needs to happen in terms of a remodel when I finally can bring this beast into my 'lair' as you put it. I got a lot of work to do!

Tracey Clarke said...

How did I miss this post?!
Wow! I love that! It looks like a giant grill!

My burn factor would be real, seperate studio space....or maybe one of those easels that spin all the way around for working on large canvas. I need to find a picue of that....

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Cool Tracey, now I would enjoy seeing what an easel of that type would look like.