Saturday, March 14, 2009

Irresistible

Another of the crinklized dichroic pendants wire wrapped. This one has a teal to magenta color shift depending on the light. It's hard for me to pick a favorite out of these as I think this glass from Coatings by Sandburg is so beautiful. I think the textured surface adds so much to the glass' ability to catch and reflect light even more than normal. When I looked at this, all I could think was 'Irresistible' so that's its title.

I experimented with my wire wrapping too and added a few different swirls. My approach probably is not terribly conventional, as I just look at a piece and it sort of 'tells' me where the wire should go....most of the time that works, other times...not so much and the wrap goes in the recycle pile. I chalk that up to developing my wire art style.

And I am working on a pair of earrings but they are not quite done, so I hope to post a picture of them this weekend.

8 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

I am not exactly sure how you actually do this but ... your work is amazing! I am so impressed with your work! Absolutely lovely!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Oh, you are so sweet. Thank you so much, I am very humbled by your kind words.

On my next batch of fused pendants and earrings (yes, earrings) I will do a step by step of the process, and try to include one of the wire wraps as a step by step too.

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

Irresistible is absoultely right! Your wrapping skills are wonderful. I'd love to see your process.. the way I wrap cabachons, it would not be possible for me to do the swirls you create. Once again, beautiful!

Tracey Clarke said...

Wow. I see what you mean about the glass. Beautiful.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thanks Sandy for your compliment on my wrapping skills...that means a lot to me considering your abilities to wire wrap!

Thanks Tracey. You should see the glass in person, the photo just doesn't do it justice. :)

merci33 said...

I love your work and also your treasury sharings...such alovely idea to highlight the work of artists you admire...my hometown is currently having a glass art festival that encompasses the museums special exhibits and many galleries...such a kuscious medium...and your samples are scruptious.

merci33 said...

so much for typos...I meant to say such a LUSCIOUS medium, glass is... and your work is sumptuous and scrumptious too :-)

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Iona!

Thanks for visiting my blog and thank you for your compliments about my glass work.

You made my day! :)