Fresh from the kiln, and after it cooled to room temperature, I took this picture of the bowl blank. I had a few 'surprises' and I'm happy to report I'm pleased with all of them.
The copper mesh remained copper color; I used clear glass to cap all but one. A few surprise elements are the red striker strips, which I think create an interesting balance/effect.
And I am very happy to see how well rounded everything turned out. I'll take it out of the steel ring and begin the coldwork phase. That can be time consuming, the rough edges need to be ground down and then the staged polishing of the outer edge. Once that is done, I can slump it in the bowl mold for the finished product.
I like the contrasts here and find the blue glass rich with color. Not sure what I'll call this one yet...may wait until it is complete.