Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Little Art Every Day...Keeps Creativity Going!

I'm feeling rather reflective this morning. I guess that's part of what I do with this blog is track my thoughts on things.

So, I'm sitting here enjoying my morning coffee, while the bassets are protecting the homestead from whatever unknown/unseen foe they think is out there. Occasionally they do see something to rightfully bark at, but usually it's nothing. Anyway, I digress....I was thinking that I do a little art work every day. Kind of like an apple a day keeps the doctor a way, a little art every day keeps creativity going!

This morning I was able to check the results of my latest fuse. It's another in the Aspen Grove Series of 'Zen-full' Aspen Moments. This piece turned out nice and I'm firing it to slump today into the radial plate mold I have. This will be the third piece I'm going to enter in the Estes Park show this September.

Last night I worked on a couple of wire wraps. Always looking for ways to make the glass cabochons unique. I was excited that I was actually able to wrap 2 in an hour. That's a new record for me. It's true what I've read about wire wrapping, you just have to do it every day to keep skills in tack and growing.

This afternoon is a meeting of my Glass Artist Fellowship Group. It will take place at a member's home and she is going to do a demonstration of her sand blasting technique. Way cool! I'm hoping there will be more news about the Glass at the Gardens event in Denver, as I need to get my work ready for that show too.

Yep, no doubt about it, a little art every day, keeps creativity going. Time to go make some art! Blessings everyone!

No comments: